I asked Chat Gpt this question.. this is the answer that it gave me back. We will see if this post gets any interest from the internet.
A website audit is a comprehensive analysis of your website's design, content, and technical setup, aimed at improving its overall performance and search engine optimization (SEO). Here are the steps to perform a basic website audit:
- Start with a crawl of your website: Use a website crawling tool such as Screaming Frog or Google Search Console to crawl your website and identify any technical issues, such as broken links, duplicate content, or missing alt tags.
- Analyze your website's design: Evaluate your website's overall design, including its layout, visual appeal, and user experience. Look for areas where you can improve the site's usability, such as reducing load times or making it easier to navigate.
- Review your content: Check your website's content for accuracy, relevance, and value to your target audience. Consider the readability and tone of your content, as well as the use of keywords and meta descriptions.
- Analyze your website's technical setup: Examine your website's technical setup, including its hosting, CMS, and server configurations. Make sure your website is secure and that it meets the latest web standards.
- Evaluate your website's SEO performance: Check your website's search engine optimization performance, including its visibility in search results, keyword rankings, and backlinks. Use tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console to gather data about your site's performance.
- Create a plan for improvement: Based on your findings, create a plan to improve your website's performance, including fixing any technical issues, improving the design and content, and optimizing your site for search engines.
Remember, a website audit is an ongoing process, and it's important to regularly evaluate your site to make sure it remains up-to-date and optimized.